Over the past few weeks, we have been witness to various groups interrupting Town Hall meetings. Sadly, this is purpose driven by conservatives and insurance providers to stop health care reform. Why, because they operate on, and invest in, a “for profit” health care system. Makes one wonder how they can stand to look in the mirror.
Managed health care began when John Ehrlichman, (a key conspirator in Watergate) presented the idea to President Nixon. Immediately, Nixon realized the potential for his wallet and the rest is history. President Nixon convinced a trusting public that his plan for a new health care system would benefit everyone. Since then, insurance and health care has been managed to the point of “no care at all!”
Here is a brief summary of President Obama’s plan:
- Health Care Reform Will Stop Insurance Company Abuse.
- They will not be allowed to refuse payment of a claim or coverage due to a pre-existing condition.
- Out of pocket, expenses will be capped.
- They will not be allowed to charge women higher rates or drop you due to an illness.
- They will have to cover children until the age of 26 instead of 19.
- Health Care Reform Will Control Rising Costs.
- Insurers will be forced to compete for lower costs through a public health insurance option.
- Companies will be required to pay their fair share of health care costs. This stops them from dumping their health care costs on the public.
- Health Reform means affordable care is going to be there for you regardless of job loss, sickness or retirement. It means that you and your family will not fall through the cracks or go broke due to outrageous health care bills.
Health Care costs have been spiraling out of control for years and without reform, it will only continue to get worse. Good health care should not be limited to the wealthy; it is a right that belongs to all of us! We have a chance to reform a system that has managed for profits instead of health.
Call your Senator/s and Representative/s today! Let them know where you stand on Health Care Reform...